VVC founder, Kandy Hammond offers medical professionals and practitioners new and innovative ways to increase patient volume, velocity and productivity through her integrated clinical and business consultation. Her over 30 years of clinical and practice management experience enables her to provide superior clinical training and exceptional guidance within the clinical environment.
Considered one of the foremost consultants in the U.S.A., her management style is defined by an attention to detail supported by solution driven results that have evolved throughout her 24-year career at Midwest Vein and Laser. As a result of her wide-ranging nursing experience and Masters in Business, she has a thorough understanding of patient care and the management skills necessary for creating successful medical practices.
As a national and international consultant and educator she has also provided clinical applications training for several laser companies including Dornier Med Tech; training physicians and nurses in laser therapy and pulsed light therapy
She has co-authored several articles specifically about innovative techniques and procedures concerning venous conditions in such publications as Journal of American College of Surgeons, Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, Annals of Vascular Surgery, Phlebology, Lasers in Surgery and Medicine and The Journal of Radiologic Nursing.
To date, she has presented at many seminars where she has trained countless medical professionals. She has been an invited speaker at InVein Techniques and has recurring faculty status at the IVC, the International Vein Congress in Miami since its inception in 2001. Kandy Hammond is on the faculty of the Hands on Vein course held in the Dominican Republic where physicians, nurses, PA’s and ultrasound technicians get hands on experience treating superficial venous disease. This exceptional course has trained 100’s of medical professionals on the various treatment modalities available today for varicose and spider veins.
Children’s Hospital: Staff Nurse/ NICU, 1986-1987
Grant Medical Center: Staff Nurse/SICU, 1987-1990
Lima Memorial Hospital: Staff Nurse/ICU, 1990-1995
Midwest Vein and Laser: Director of Clinical Operations/ Practice Manager, 1995-present
Varicose Vein Consulting: President, 2006-present
- Practice Manager and Clinical Director of the Midwest Vein and Laser in Dayton, Ohio
- Seminar co-presenter on In Office Venous Surgery training surgeons techniques used in our offices
- National consultant and educator for Dornier Med Tech training physicians and nurses on laser therapy
- National consultant and educator for ESC/Sharplan training physicians and nurses on laser and pulsed light therapy
- Invited Faculty for INVein Techniques
- Invited faculty American College of Phlebology
- Recurring faculty status of C3
- Recurring faculty status IVC International Vein Congress
- Faculty Hands On Veins Dominican Republic
- National and International Business/Clinical consultant
- American Venous Forum
- American College of Phlebology
- “Effective Treatment of a Laser-resistant Port-Wine Stain with Photoderm VL Therapy”, 1998 ESC Medical Systems LTD PB-100-3000
- “Tumescent Anesthetic Technique for Long Saphenous Stripping.” Journal of American College of Surgeons, Volume 189, No. 6, December 1999.
- “940-nm Laser for Treatment of Saphenous Insufficiency: Histological Analysis and Long-term Follow-up.” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, Volume 23, No.1, February 2005
- “Treatment of Incompetent Vein of Giacomini (Thigh Extension Branch) Annals of Vascular Surgery. 2007
- Major Neurologic Events Following Foam Sclerotherapy. Phlebology 2008;
- Histological Changes Occurring After Endoluminal Ablation With Two Diode Lasers (940 and 1,319 nm) From Acute Changes to 4 Months LSM Volume 40,
No. 10 December 2008
- “Sclerotherapy of Spider Telangiectasia – Nursing Considerations” Journal of Radiologic Nursing. June 2012